Following up the Scott Monty presentation at the Social Media Club of Kansas City last Friday, I wanted to share these tweets. The Scott Monty presentation was outstanding. It struck me how many of his key points were applicable not only to online behaviors but to great offline behaviors as well. Whether in our business or personal lives, there are some basic behaviors that go a long way to helping other people and their dreams for success.
Offline and Online Behaviors Are a Lot Alike
Here are eight of Scott Monty's comments. I am not sure whether I captured them all as direct quotes or not, but consider them all Scott Monty presentation content:
- It is all about supporting business objectives.
- Attention and trust are fundamental.
- A personal touch and regular engagement make a real difference.
- You have to share with quality and do it consistently and repeatedly.
- You have to display respect and humility in all communications.
- At a certain point, you have to realize someone may be a lost cause and not waste resources trying to convert them.
- Great products back up everything you communicate.
- Passion is the secret weapon.
Scott Monty delivered a great message throughout his "social media" presentation: good offline and online behaviors are the same. As he pointed out, successful social media people act just as Dale Carnegie suggested when he published "How to Win Friends and Influence People" in 1936. - Mike Brown
If you’re struggling with determining ROI and evaluating its impacts, download “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track” today! This article provides a concise, strategic view of the numbers and stories that matter in shaping, implementing, and evaluating your strategy. You’ll learn lessons about when to address measurement strategy, identifying overlooked ROI opportunities, and creating a 6-metric dashboard. Download Your Free Copy of “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track!