I’m back at the Enterprise Center of Johnson County covering Blogging for Business with a particular focus on creating fantastic blog content during the sold-out two-hour presentation. We had a great time at the October blogging for business presentation at Enterprise Center of Johnson County, and we’re covering comparable social media content today.
For all the time we spend talking about creating fantastic blog content, maybe it’s also worthwhile to point out that not every organization needs a blog as part of its business strategy today.
Surprised I’d say that?
Well, it’s true, and here's the list.
10. You have as much business as you need or want.
9. You really have nothing intriguing to say to customers, prospects, or other audiences you are trying to reach.
8. Your customers, despite the fact they’re patrons of your organization, don’t care about anything you have to say.
7. You suspect your target audiences aren’t reading blogs.
6. Your website isn’t part of your lead generation strategy.
5. You’re not planning to integrate blogging into your overall online and business strategy.
4. You’re not willing to produce regular content.
3. You can’t stop yourself from writing only about your company.
2. Your senior team doesn’t support a blog and/or will demand edits compromising the value of your blog content.
1. You’re going to delegate primary social media content creation responsibilities to an intern.
Still Think You Don't Need a Blog?
If you can go through this list and still think your organization would not benefit from blogging, you’re either:
- Passing up great potential opportunities today (if you were agreeing with numbers 5 through 10) AND/OR
- Not taking full advantage of your organization’s ability to develop and share fantastic blog content (if you were agreeing with numbers 1 through 4)
In either case, even if you still think you don’t need one TODAY, it’s highly likely you’ll not want to pass up these opportunities much longer.
So maybe you should get started on creating a fantastic blog today, after all! – Mike Brown
If you’re struggling with determining ROI and evaluating its impacts, download “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track” today! This article provides a concise, strategic view of the numbers and stories that matter in shaping, implementing, and evaluating your strategy. You’ll learn lessons about when to address measurement strategy, identifying overlooked ROI opportunities, and creating a 6-metric dashboard. Download Your Free Copy of “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track!