Sitting at the Las Vegas airport after speaking at the Social Media Strategies Summit, you realize how important a great friend is, whether you’re arriving in or departing from Las Vegas.
In fact, by my informal, unscientific observations, there are NINETEEN reasons you want a great friend at the Las Vegas airport if you’re moving through McCarran or hanging out waiting for a flight.
Well, a great friend at the Las Vegas airport will:
- Tell you that you are actually carrying three carry-on items, no matter that you think one item doesn’t count because it is two pairs of sneakers in a plastic shopping bag
- Remind you that your scarf is still 5 bags back going through x-ray because you didn’t take it off until you were ready to go through the security scanner
- Tell you when you are too fat to wear what you’re wearing out in public these days - or at least tell you to pull down your shirt.
- Buy you a coffee when you are too messed up to do it for yourself
- Hold something for you while you try to get everything back on after going through security
- Have a multi-plug-in adaptor to get you some juice for your phone before the plane boards
- Agree that you are getting screwed over by the boss, but not try to fix the problem for you
- Let you know that the bra you are wearing has so much padding you may be in violation of truth in advertising regulations
- Spilt that bagel with you
- Watch your luggage while you go to the bathroom
- Suggest you not drink as much this time in Vegas
- Figure out how to tell you the tight white pants you are wearing might as well be sponsored by Camel Cigarettes, if you get what I mean
- Remind you lots of people are worse off than you are
- Glare at you for interrupting an in-person conversation to take a call you needn’t have taken right this very minute
- Point out that despite them being in, wearing your hair long is cooler than the man-bun you decided to rock this morning
- Tell you it is time to let it go when it comes to the conference you just attended
- Challenge you that (at least right now) wearing a Kansas City Royals shirt is really cool and wearing a Chiefs shirt is really all about, “Remember 1969!”
- Check to find out the plane is half full, so you can puhleeez chill out and quit griping about running late
- Tell you that while those shorts still are okay for you, it’s time to add about another inch and half to the length, just because, you know, you haven’t been a teenager for twenty-five years
Yup, the Las Vegas Airport is a great place to have a great friend.
And, in keeping with Las Vegas, just so you know, all the links (except two) in this article are affiliate links.
So shop, shop, away! - Mike Brown