Have you ever wrestled with making innovation happen with a boss or organization that just doesn't get it? If so, chances are, after hitting walls in every direction when trying to make innovation happen, you've faced fundamental question: What's more important to me - credit for the work or getting something done?
Taking Credit vs. Making Innovation Happen
I'm a big proponent, if it's something that matters, of giving away credit when it appears to be the only way you'll move an innovation initiative forward.
That is a recommendation many people cannot or will not accept. Making this decision takes self-confidence, emotional maturity, and strong strategic thinking skills to be able to determine when giving up credit is the right strategy and when it isn't.
Looking for background information on the topic? Check out these Brainzooming posts for our treatment on the decision to surrender credit to make change happen:
- Creative Quickie – Share the Credit!
- Strategic Thinking and Action – Tactically Influencing Strategic Situations
- Stealth Innovation Strategy – Hiding Innovative Business Ideas
- Making Big Ideas Happen – 9 Ways to Address Innovation Fears
- Managing Clients Who Love Their Creative Ideas
Learn all about how Mike Brown’s workshops on creating strategic impact can boost your organization’s success!