I'm in Dallas this week presenting a workshop on integrating content marketing and social media strategy and a session on strategic content curation for the Social Media Strategies Summit (at the wonderful Hotel ZaZa).
Integrating Content Marketing and Social Media Strategy
Today's workshop on integrating content marketing and social media strategy is based on the strategic view that while content marketing existed before social media, the strategic combination of the two delivers the most effective results for brands. Even though this seems like common sense, research suggests not all brand marketers are taking advantage of integrating these efforts. Ineffective content marketers are 5 times less likely to create a documented content strategy and are using fewer social platforms than leading content marketers.
For those attending the workshop, and those who aren't going to be with us in Dallas, here's an overview of the topics we'll cover along with links to underlying content we'll be covering in-depth during the two-hour workshop.
Starting with an Integrated Mindset
- Involving Relevant Brand Stakeholders in Social Media
- Identifying Cultural Challenges to Social Media in Your Organization
- 6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track
- Outside-In Content Marketing Strategy – Creating Robust Social Media Topics
- Social Media Strategy – Your Social Media Agency Doesn’t Want You Reading This
- Social Media Content Strategy – 4 Ideas to Better Target Your Content
- Social Media Content Personality Audit – Is Your Brand Personality There?
Tools to Develop the Content Strategy
- Social Media Content Ideation: Think – Know – Do
- Audience-Driven Branding – Thinking from the Audience’s Perspective
- 93 Business Blogging Topic Ideas
- Social Media Content Strategy for a Large B2B Company
- 25 Creative Blog Post Ideas You Could Write Today
Integrating Social Media for Its Best Advantage
- CMO’s Guide to the Social Media Landscape
- Social Media Strategy: Explaining Social Networks to Executives Who Don’t Get It
- How to Make an Infographic – 8 Ways Infographics Can Deliver Visual Thinking Value
- Employee-Created Videos – Making Them Really Work on Social Media
- Blog Topic Ideas – Social Media Content Strategy for a Large B2B Company
- All the Stops on the Sales Continuum (Plus a strategic approach to short status update content)
- B2B Relationship Marketing – 5 Ways Facebook Helps B2B Relationships
- Online Community Management – 10 Ways a DJ Would Manage a Community
- Social Media – 19 Content Strategy Ideas from a TV Network
- The Two Biggest Mistakes in Social Media
Enjoy this article? Subscribe to the free Brainzooming email updates.
“How strong is my organization’s social media strategy?”
Is your social media implementation working as well as it can? In less than 60 minutes with the new FREE Brainzooming ebook “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy,” you’ll have a precise answer to this question.
Any executive can make a thorough yet rapid evaluation of nine different dimensions of their social media strategies with these nine diagnostics. Download Your Free Copy of “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy.”