The first quote below from Matthew Arnold was on a cardboard coaster in my hotel room in Cancun, Mexico last year. It was intriguing, and I brought it back. Doing some quick research on him, uncovered a variety of intriguing quotes of his:
- “Culture is properly described as the love of perfection.”
- “For the creation of a masterwork of literature two powers must concur, the power of the man and the power of the moment, and the man is not enough without the moment.”
- “Use your gifts faithfully, and they shall be enlarged; practice what you know, and you shall attain to higher knowledge.”
- “The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.”
- “Greatness is a spiritual condition.”
- “To have the sense of creative activity is the great happiness and the great proof of being alive.”
Hope you enjoyed Creative Quickie Week, and watch for weekend updates on Twitter!