This afternoon, I’m leading a three-hour Brainzooming workshop on creating branded content marketing at the Social Media Strategy Summit in Chicago. While it’s nice to be able to stretch with more time (typically these content marketing workshops are two hours at the Social Media Strategy Summit), I still feel as if there will be a lot of material that we won’t have time to fully cover.
In the branded content marketing workshop, we’ll look at generating appropriately branded content from multiple directions.
As a resource if this area is something you are struggling with in your organization, here are links to some of the topics on branded content marketing we’ll cover . . . and some that we won’t:
Taking an Audience-First Perspective
- Using an Audience Persona for Outside-In Content Ideas
- What Audiences Want out of Branded Content
- Focusing on Specific Audience Segments
- Building on What the Audience Is Thinking About
Staying True to Your Brand without Overdoing It
- Using a Strategic Brief to Create Brand Consistency
- Accounting for the Three Variables that Lead to Engaging Content
- Unpacking Your Brand Foundation for Content Ideas
- Getting All Your Brand’s Messages into a Content Calendar
- Taking Advantage of All Types of Brand Language
- Unlocking Brand Coolness in Your Uncool Brand
- Providing a Sense of Your Brand Personality
- The Value of Your Brand as an Educator
Experience and Interaction-Based Content for Your Brand
- 11 Buying Process Questions to Consider for Blog Topics
- Striking the Right Balance of Not Selling and Selling
- Looking at Building Relationships at the Right Pace
- Mining Customer Conversations with the Brand for Content
- Supporting the Brand Experience with the Right Content
- Taking Advantage of Events for Branded Content
- Protecting Your Brand from a Social Hijacking
Expanding Brand-Related Content Options
- 93 Ideas to Stretch Your Tired Business Content Formula
- 5 Keys to Creating Evergreen Content
- Going into the Brand’s Content Vault
- Expanding Your Brand’s Content Formulas
- Making High-Impact Infographics
- Making Videos that Aren’t Dumb
Coming at your branded content marketing from these four different directions will open up all kinds of new possibilities.
Here’s the intriguing thing: having rearranged the content into these four groups (which don’t sync with the seven lessons in the workshop as it stands right now), I’m thinking (as I write this over the preceding weekend) that I’m going to rearrange the entire branded content marketing workshop. That’s how much I like this approach! - Mike Brown
Enjoy this article? Subscribe to the free Brainzooming email updates.
When was the last time you invested 45 minutes
to check your social media strategy?
Is your social media implementation working as well as it can? In less than 60 minutes with the new FREE Brainzooming ebook “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy," you’ll have a precise answer to this question. Any executive can make a thorough yet rapid evaluation of nine different dimensions of their social media strategies with these nine diagnostics. Download Your Free Copy of “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy.