Someone wondered about the range of topics included in the disruptive innovation strategy workshop we delivered recently. Even though the workshop spanned nearly ten hours over two days, we had to narrow the content significantly to achieve the client's innovation objectives.
We had a tremendous amount of work to get done!
The objective involved taking twenty-three tables of participants through innovation strategy exercises to identify disruptive concepts, craft strategies, document audience profiles, imagine ideas, develop market positions, and propose all the ideas in 9-second pitches.
See why we couldn’t cover EVERYTHING we hoped to address?
We led the group through a customized Brainzooming Innovation Fake Book of exercises. We did a few mini-keynotes. We kept the energy going. We had audience participation. And we made sure that every table reporting out received tokens as prizes.
27 Links to Energize Your Innovation Strategy
If you’re interested in reviewing some of the innovation strategy content we shared during the workshop, here are links within three major focus areas:
The three areas are important because you need all of them to turn ideas into business results.
- What is the first innovation strategy question to ask?
- Creative Thinking: Tesco Homeplus Virtual Subway Store
- Creating Change and Change Management - 4 Strategy Options
- Brand Value - A Simple Way to Identify Your Brand Benefits
- Brainstorming Ideas - How Many Ideas Per Television Series?
- 24 Ideas for You When a Great New Idea Is Lacking
- Disrupting Thinking
- Creative Thinking - 12 Triggers for Finding Strategic Connections
- New, Innovative Ideas - Strategy Planning with What's It Like
- Strategic Thinking Exercise - New Product Idea Basics and Extremes in 30 Minutes
- Strategic Thinking Exercises - Doing the Impossible with Nothing?
- Strategic Thinking Success - 3 Critical Thinking Perspectives
- Strategic Thinking Perspectives - Three Strategic Voices to Include on Your Team
- A Strategy for Predicting the Future More Accurately
- Creating Cool Product Names for a New Product Idea
- Product Benefits - A Strategic Thinking Exercise for Generating New Ideas
- Strategic Thinking Exercises – Where Does Your Brand Live?
- 15 Ways Whoever Is Going to Disrupt Your Market Isn't Like You
- "Hit 'em Where They Ain't Week" – We've Seen the Enemy & They Don't Look Anything Like Us
- Corporate Branding Strategy – 4 Ideas to Prioritize Internal Brand Messages
- 10 Innovation Barriers Lurking in Your Organization
- Strategic Thinking - What Kind of Perfect Are You Looking For?
- What are your best excuses for innovation strategy shortfalls?
- Strategic Thinking: Short-Term Weakness, Long-Term Strength
- Making Quick Decisions During Strategic Planning - 5 Key Questions
- Strategic Thinking Exercises - 13 Point Strategic Change Management Checklist
- Improve the Success of Your Recommendations – Guaranteed!
Suffice it to say, we oversaw LOTS of learning and many activities. Nothing, however, was more important than the hard (and rewarding) work of creating and pitching all those innovative concepts!
Looking to similarly boost your team’s innovation skills, ideas, and, energy? Contact us to talk about delivering a Brainzooming innovation strategy workshop for your team, right away! – Mike Brown