We were driving home from the store this weekend, and saw this huge tree that fell over from its base. It made me think of the phrase “too big to fail.” In this case, this huge tree must have been completely ready for failure, whether that was apparent to anyone or not.
A similar phenomenon applies to brand strategy. You may think your brand is strong and ready to withstand anything that might come its way. But all the while, competitors or market forces you may not even suspect are disrupting your place in the market.
While success can breed success, it can also lead to blindness about the importance of trying to disrupt your brand strategy before something else comes along to topple your brand.
104 Possibilities to Disrupt Your Brand Strategy
To help you stay ahead of disruption, here are 104 possibilities to do the work to disrupt your brand strategy yourself instead of letting another party do it for you. Beyond these articles, it’s a wonderful time with strategic planning coming up for many firms, to download the free Brainzooming eBook, Disrupting Thinking – 13 Exercises to Imagine Disrupting Your Own Brand Before Someone Else Disrupts You!
- 13 Exercises for Disruptive Business Strategy
- 7 Things Competitors Can Teach You about Innovation
- 9 Strategic Thinking Questions for Breaking a Business
- Agile Strategy - 16 Strategic Thinking Questions to Explore Disruptive Innovation
- 12 Permissions to Disrupt New Markets
- Disruptive Competitive Threats: The One Strategic Truth You Must Never Forget
- 8 Brand Innovation Ideas
- 11 Strategic Questions for Disruptive Innovation in Markets
- 15 Ways Whoever Is Going to Disrupt Your Market Isn't Like You
- 7 Ideas to Envision Your Future Organization
- 5 Strategic Thinking Questions to Start Reimagining Who You Are as an Organization
Don’t allow your executive team to become complacent! Get to work on disrupting your business strategy yourself: it’s much less painful! – Mike Brown