If you are considering launching a strategic planning process, either for your organization overall or for a specific part of the business, you have obviously done some thinking about it to get to this decision point.
8 Questions to Ask Before a Strategic Planning Process
Before taking your first steps to either implement the strategic planning process yourself or engage an outside party to lead you through the process, here are eight questions to ask.
Maybe you have already addressed some of these questions about your strategic planning process, but my guess is you likely have not tackled all of them:
- What benefits should we get organizationally from the PROCESS of strategic planning?
- Have previous strategic plans sat on the shelf or have we implemented them?
- Is there a type of strategic planning output that is not as likely to sit on the shelf?
- How many and what types of people should be involved?
- Should the strategic planning experience be serious, stimulating, exciting, rewarding, or fun . . . or is there another descriptor that is more appropriate?
- How fresh and reliable is our strategic foundation as we get ready to launch the strategic planning process?
- How big a change are we looking for in the new strategic plan – is it minor or are we taking a big swing at our future direction?
- How smart are we about what we do and our customers, markets, competitors, and all the other factors in our business environment?
Granted, these questions are shaped heavily by the very different approach The Brainzooming group takes to making sure a strategic plan broadly involves an organization and provides a dynamic, motivating, and creative experience for everyone involved.
Looking for Answers to these Strategy Questions?
However, based on talking with a variety of clients and potential clients, we approach strategic planning to create a very different experience than other outside strategists. So if you’d like help working through these questions and what they could mean for growing your organization and your people, give us a call (816-509-5320). – Mike Brown
The Brainzooming Group helps make smart organizations more successful by rapidly expanding their strategic options and creating innovative plans they can efficiently implement. Email us at [email protected] or call us at 816-509-5320 to learn how we can help you enhance your strategy and implementation efforts.