The search term “strategic visioning exercises” is consistently near the top for what brings people to the Brainzooming website. Given that, we compiled this list that brings together a variety of our top resources in one place.
Strategic Visioning Exercises from Brainzooming
While it’s easy to knock vision statements (including core purpose and mission statements) as so much useless corporate jargon and gobbledygook, we’re firm believers in them – when they are done well.
And by done well, we mean that the vision statement:
- Is developed broadly and collaboratively
- Emerges from a thorough exploration of where the organization is and where it wants to go
- Uses language that is simple, understandable and sounds as if it comes from the organization
These fourteen articles recap our thinking and recommendations across these three areas.
Collaborating on a Vision Statement
- Strategic Planning - All the Strategy Roles You Need
- Strategic Thinking Perspectives - Three Strategic Voices to Include on Your Team
- Community Visioning - Maximizing Benefits of Challenger Voices
- Strategic Visioning Exercises - Group Collaboration the Right Way
- Who Needs Vision Statement Examples? Try these 6 Steps
Strategic Visioning Exercises to Create a Vision Statement
- Better Business Results – 6 Benefits from Articulating a Shared Vision
- Developing a Vision Statement with 8 Easy Starting Points
- Creating Change and Change Management - 4 Strategy Options
- Creating Strategic Impact - What Is Strategic and What Isn't?
- If Not Time, Then What Else Matters?
- 5 Questions for Creating a Collaborative Vision
- Personal Branding and Career - Success with a Core Purpose Statement
- An Alternative Vision Statement Approach
Checking Vision Statement Clarity and Impact
- What Are We Trying to Say?
- Strategic Visioning Exercises - 5 Questions to Test Your Vision Statement Impact
- Strategic Visioning Exercises - 4 Ways to Examine Brand Performance
- Strategic Visioning Exercises - 4 Ideas to Rework a Faulty Vision Statement
- 5 Ideas for Turning a Vision Statement into Strategy
Many organizations struggle with the idea of collaboratively developing an overarching vision and vision statement.
If your organization falls in that category, contact The Brainzooming Group and let’s discuss how we can help you move through these and other strategic visioning exercises to create a vision and approach to move forward! – Mike Brown