Here is a quickie strategic thinking question for you:
If you saw your life as a teeter-totter, what rules of life would guide your behaviors and how you treat others?
Teeter-Totter Rules of Life
If teeter-totter rules of life guided your strategic thinking and actions, would you . . .
- Realize that while it is great to be higher than somebody else, it is not going to last?
- Think about how you being on top means another person is not and treat them with respect, particularly knowing the positions are easily reversed?
- Consider that slamming someone else to the ground is going to mean your rise to the top is not going to be as smooth as it could be?
- Equally enjoy the experiences of the rises and falls?
- Take advantage of the full range of movement or try to limit the ups and downs very narrowly?
- Act more deliberately to achieve the best balance and closeness to someone else so you both enjoy the ride?
- Not fret so much about slipping from the pinnacle because all the conditions exist for you to return there?
A teeter-totter is a certainly a very simple life model, yet it seems like there are some valuable lessons that can apply to adult life. – Mike Brown