This Thursday, I’m leading two Brainzooming workshops at the Arizona State University 25th annual Compete Through Service Symposium. The workshops are titled, “Mining Outside-in Opportunities to Expand Your Service Offering.”
The workshop will cover Brainzooming strategic thinking exercises that explore brand benefits for innovation ideas, provide new ways to derive insights from the marketplace, and allow organizations to look at what they do in new ways to find other examples from which to innovate.
Brainzooming Strategic Thinking Exercises for Outside-in Innovation
As a preview, here is some of the Brainzooming content on which the session is based.
Building on Your Brand Benefits
- Brand Value – A Simple Way to Identify Your Brand Benefits
- Product Benefits – A Strategic Thinking Exercise for Generating New Ideas
- Strategic Thinking Exercise – New Product Idea Basics and Extremes in 30 Minutes
Observing and Exploring New Possibilities
- Competitive Strategy – 7 Things Competitors Can Teach You about Innovation
- “Hit ‘em Where They Ain’t Week” – We’ve Seen the Enemy & They Don’t Look Anything Like Us
- Strategic Thinking Questions – 6 Questions on Seth Godin and “The Moderation Glitch”
- Innovation Opportunity – Knowing When New and Innovative Becomes Status Quo
- 10 Signs to Invest in Your Brand’s Innovation Strategy – Right Now!
- A Strategy for Predicting the Future More Accurately
- Strategic Thinking Exercises – A New Type of Big Focus Group
Deconstructing What Your Brand Does
- 11 Strategic Questions for Disruptive Innovation in Markets
- Strategic Thinking Questions – Crafting Startup Strategy in Any Business
- Strategic Thinking Exercises – Finding Your Brand’s Strategic Analogs
- New, Innovative Ideas – Strategy Planning with What’s It Like
Organizing the Strategic Thinking Exercises
To organize the strategic thinking exercises and other content, we’ve tapped a couple of outside sources that allow you to identify an organization’s innovation profile and tie specific activities to five stages of designing and offering a customer experience.
- Identifying Your Organization’s Innovation Perspective - THE GLOBAL INNOVATION 1000 - Navigating the Digital Future
- Five Stages of Customer Experience Development - Bringing Open Innovation to Services
If you aren’t going to be at the Compete Through Service Symposium, we’ll soon be offering the eBook that attendees can download for these Brainzooming sessions. Look for it soon! – Mike Brown