Talking with reader and number one Brainzooming fan Stephen Lahey recently, the conversation turned to the strategic thinking behind reasons to integrate one’s spirituality and business life.
I shared my personal strategic thinking and perspective with Stephen. That perspective has been heavily shaped by the seemingly rhetorical question, "If it were a crime to be a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
Relative to Stephen's question, integrating my spiritual beliefs into my communication whether in person or online provides more evidence to "convict" me.
5 Reasons to Integrate Spirituality and Business
Additionally, trying to be more direct about my religious beliefs in business also:
- Addresses the most important relationship and activities in my life.
- Creates accountability for me to live to the standards and ideals I communicate.
- Brings me into stronger alignment with my personal core purpose statement.
- Helps weed out potential clients who might see my spirituality as a stumbling block. This is helpful because us helping clients depends heavily on their ability to be open to ideas that do not completely match their own.
- Tries to make it clearer that any good I bring to a business relationship is not directly because of me, but because of the good flowing from the blessings of a deepening religious devotion.
That is where I am right now as I pray about and explore ways to make the importance of my religious beliefs more visible to more people.
Why do I want to do that?
It is not because it is good or bad for business. It is because it is invaluable for each of us to know that God loves us, and is incumbent on those that already know that love to share it with everyone else!
What's your strategic thinking about this?
I always appreciate you sharing your perspective on blog topics, and if you have thoughts on integrating spirituality and business, it would be particularly helpful to know you strategic thinking about it. Stephen and I are scheduled to record a show for his Small Business Talent podcast, and it would be wonderful to bring your strategic thinking and perspectives to the conversation.
So, what DO you think? - Mike Brown
Download the free ebook, “Taking the NO Out of InNOvation” to help you generate fantastic creative thinking and ideas! For an organizational innovation success boost, contact TheBrainzooming Group to help your team be more successful by rapidly expanding strategic options and creating innovative plans to efficiently implement. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 816-509-5320 to learn how we can deliver these benefits for you.