Checking our Brainzooming web analytics, "free strategic planning exercises" is a frequent search bringing people to the Brainzooming website. That is no surprise. We share all kinds of free strategic planning exercises, such as these, these, and these.
Those strategic planning exercises simply scratch the surface. In fact, there are only a few exercises we use that we DON'T share with you here – all for free.
If you are an executive looking for "free strategic planning exercises," any place you find them SHOULD provide a corresponding warning label. Sometimes we mention some of the typical warnings, but we have never shared a full list of what the warning label should include.
5 Warnings for Free Strategic Planning Exercises
- Prior to using free strategic thinking exercises, consider the participants, organizational culture, and layout of the room. All of these, and other factors, can impact your success.
- Keep free strategic planning exercises out of the reach of untrained, unpracticed facilitators.
- If you experience prolonged periods of silence after using a free strategic thinking question, stop immediately, and contact a trained facilitator.
- Participants that have already been stymied by previous deadly strategic planning sessions will require a different approach than the recommended usage.
- Common adverse reactions to the misuse of free strategic planning exercises include fidgeting, headache, yawning, slow burns, rolling eyes, doodling, head explosions, and shortened careers.
I’ve witnessed these a few times this year where someone used our questions, and nothing happened with a group. Sure the questions are important, but ultimately it’s how you ask them.
If you want help in using any of our questions and strategic thinking exercises, let us know. We’d be glad to help you!
Looking for Ways to Develop a Successful
Innovation Strategy to Grow Your Business?
Brainzooming Has an Answer!
Are you prepared to take better advantage of your brand’s customer and market insights to generate innovative product ideas? The right combination of outside perspectives and productive strategic thinking exercises enables your brand to ideate, prioritize, and propel innovative growth.
- Identify your organization’s innovation profile
- Rapidly deploy effective strategic thinking exercises to spur innovation
- Incorporate market-based perspectives into your innovation strategy in successful ways
Download this FREE eBook to turn ideas into actionable innovation strategies to drive your organization’s comeback!