While creating a scope of work for a Brainzooming creative thinking skills workshop targeted at a B2B salesforce, our client contact (who is a Brainzooming reader) asked for material on what it means to be a creatively supportive leader.
4 Keys for Being a Creatively Supportive Leader
When it comes to a leader actively supporting a team’s creative thinking skills development, there are multiple ways to go from talk to tangible support. We typically see the following behaviors from a creatively supportive leader:
- Actively and fully participating in the original creative thinking skills workshop learning
- Modeling behaviors and conversations that support exploring new ideas
- Reaching across organizational lines to include thinkers with diverse and valuable perspectives
- Using strategic and creative thinking skills in daily interactions to develop and move ideas toward implementation
Beyond these four keys to being a creatively support leader, here are previous Brainzooming articles to provide additional ideas on the perspectives and behaviors of a leader that cultivates team creativity:
- Creative Thinking – 7 Keys to How “Idea Magnets” Boost Creativity
- Creative Thinking Skills: 29 Phrases Blocking Innovative Ideas
- Screwing Up in How You Request Employee Ideas
- Creative Thinking – 4 Ideas for Safely Sharing Dirty Ideas and Thinking
- Extending Brainstorming Ground Rules to Everyday Business Life
- Extreme Creativity – When Do You Trust a Creative Genius?
- Strategic Thinking Exercises – Who is the Positive Devil’s Advocate?
- Creative Thinking – 10 Quick Tips about Team Creativity
I figured we'd share this compilation on a Monday because there is AT LEAST a week's worth of reading there to brush up on your skills in being a creatively supportive leader! – Mike Brown
Looking for Ways to Develop a Successful
Innovation Strategy to Grow Your Business?
Brainzooming Has an Answer!
Are you prepared to take better advantage of your brand’s customer and market insights to generate innovative product ideas? The right combination of outside perspectives and productive strategic thinking exercises enables your brand to ideate, prioritize, and propel innovative growth.
- Identify your organization’s innovation profile
- Rapidly deploy effective strategic thinking exercises to spur innovation
- Incorporate market-based perspectives into your innovation strategy in successful ways
Download this FREE ebook to turn ideas into actionable innovation strategies to drive your organization’s comeback!