Strategic agility (affiliate link) has come up multiple times recently.
One time was through an audience question during the Transportation Marketing and Sales Association closing keynote I presented on Creating Strategic Impact. Another instance was while curating Brainzooming content on strategic agility for an all-day Creating Strategic Impact workshop we're delivering for a new client today.
We’ve never formally defined “strategic agility” within the Brainzooming methodology. That may be because my one-word answer to what strategic agility is would be “Brainzooming.” Within our thinking, strategic agility implies knowing and remaining grounded in what matters for an organization (the “brain” part) while moving briskly and flexibly to address it in ways that make sense (the “zooming” part).
In creating a deeper resource on “strategic agility” for our session participants today, however, it’s not all that helpful to say, “Read everything on the blog because it all relates to strategic ability.”
15 Resources on Strategic Agility
Instead, here’s a narrower list of topics we’ve covered to help our Creating Strategic Impact workshop session participants get a handle on strategic agility. And if you’d like to learn more “strategic agility,” it’s fashioned with all of our readers in mind.
Remaining Grounded in What Matters for an Organization
- The Basics of a Core Purpose Statement
- Strategic Thinking Questions to Identify What Matters for a Brand
Anticipating What Lies Ahead
- Considering Multiple Scenarios of the Future
- Anticipating Black Swan Events in Your Plan
- Strategic Thinking Exercises to Better Anticipate Strategic Issues
- A Strategy for Predicting the Future More Accurately
Making Quick Decisions
- Strategic Opportunities – How to Effectively Prioritize Them
- Making Decision Making Easier – She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not
- Checklists – Helping Visualize the Uncertain When Plans Fall Through
- Making a Decision – 7 Situations Begging for Quick Decisions
- Don’t Overthink It? 5 Key Questions for Quick Decisions
- Strategic Thinking Exercise – Simply Making Big Decisions
- Strategic Thinking – 12 Ways Project Teams Can Stay out of the Weeds
- Project Management – 15 Techniques When Time Is Running Down
Including People with Strategic Agility
A Quick List for Creating Strategic Impact
Compiling this list suggests both that there’s a lot here, and there’s more to be covered on strategic agility. We’ll add that to the blog topics list, and get back to you on it! In the interim, if you’d really like to go deep on how strategic agility (or what we call Brainzooming) could benefit your team and organization, let us know, and we can talk through ways we’ve helped other organizations on these very topics. – Mike Brown
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the free Brainzooming blog email updates.