Waiting at O'Hare airport for my flight, another business traveler stopped in front of me, and asked, "Mike Brown?"
He was a former corporate sales executive where I used to work. He'd been pointed in my direction to talk about content marketing strategy and social media and just happened to run into me in the hallway at O’Hare. He is now the C-level sales and marketing executive at a B2B service company.
His big question about social media and content marketing strategy was, "Why would a B2B company engage in these areas?" He'd never heard of a B2B company gaining business from their efforts.
Incredible as that statement may sound, I understand his reluctance. I told him The Brainzooming Group is a B2B company, and we gain business from our social media and content marketing strategy. And we are definitely NOT by ourselves in that!
8 Reasons a B2B Company Should Engage in Social Media
For a B2B company, a content marketing strategy, along with a social media presence, allows it to:
- Tell stories of interest to customers and prospects to help them better understand the brand
- Share valuable information and tools to help customers and prospects perform more successfully
- Share engaging, entertaining, and sought after information for the audience
- Answer questions prospects have about the brand before they reach out to talk with anyone from the company
- Educate customers so they are smart in ways that helps the brand serve them more effectively and efficiently
- Grow its prospect list and gain additional points of content within current customers
- Let prospects know about the advantages (both professionally and personally) of being associated with the brand
- Soft sell benefits and advantages on an ongoing basis
- Serve up content employees can share within their own professional networks
Those are only eight reasons. There are plenty more.
Those provide a fantastic starting point for identifying and quantifying the benefits for a B2B company to dive into content marketing – even if it feels late to the game to start! - Mike Brown
When was the last time you invested 45 minutes to check your social media strategy?
Is your social media implementation working as well as it can? In less than 60 minutes with the new FREE Brainzooming ebook “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy," you’ll have a precise answer to this question. Any executive can make a thorough yet rapid evaluation of nine different dimensions of their social media strategies with these nine diagnostics. Download Your Free Copy of “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy.