I went back through recent responses from among readers who are on the blog most frequently. Here are their comments on opportunities and challenges, along with links to Brainzooming posts addressing the strategy and innovation situations they face:
People and Organizational Issues
"Buy in from staff on the new vision and the required change"
- 5 Keys to Engaging Employees in Innovation Strategy – Our Buy-In Manifesto
- Engaging Employees in High Turnover Situations
- 3 Strategies for Navigating a Political Environment
- Understand the Political Fray and then Stay the Hell Out of It
"Stickler to the old ways of doing things (and) not willing to get out of the comfort zone"
"Resistors and toxic manipulators"
- Maximizing the Benefits of Challenger Voices
- Creative Thinking Skills – 5 People Vital to Critical Thinking, Literally
- Corporate Sociopaths and Horrible Bosses – 7 Ways to Survive Them
"The matrixed nature of our vast organization"
- Creating Strategic Impact – 3 Strategic Planning Ideas in a Matrix Organization
- 4 Lessons for Line and Staff Organizations Working Well
Strategic Planning Process
"Helping train my team to be strategic thinkers and not just executors"
- Creative Thinking Skills for Sales – A Workshop Approach
- Strategic Thinking – Exercises and Tools for Creative Thinking and Strategy
"Simplifying (strategy) process and engaging people to implement"
"Strategic planning in the past did not work, looking for other approaches"
- Strategic Planning Exercises – Two Types of Structure, One Works
- Creating Strategic Impact – The Updated Brainzooming Manifesto
"Infusing fun, creativity, and innovation into the planning process"
"Out-of-the-box thinking to create disruption in the industry"
- 12 Permissions to Disrupt New Markets
- 7 Things Competitors Can Teach You about Innovation
- Strategic Thinking Exercises – Identifying Left Field Competitors
"Being innovative at a low cost"
"Managing ideas and seeing them through to implementation"
Do you have questions on strategy and innovation that are vexing you?
In the new Brainzooming strategy eBook 321 GO!, we share common situations standing in the way of successfully implementing your most important strategies. You will learn effective, proven ways to move your implementation plan forward with greater speed and success. You'll learn ways to help your team:
- Move forward even amid uncertainty
- Take on leadership and responsibility for decisions
- Efficiently move from information gathering to action
- Focusing on important activities leading to results