I had the opportunity to see Dayton Moore, General Manager of the Kansas City Royals, discuss his perspective on organizational harmony as he opened the Jump Start 2017 conference in Atlanta. SMC3 sponsors the annual conference.
Moore said he carries the seven organizational harmony principles with him on a card as a reminder.
Here are the organizational harmony principles as I captured them (the intent is on target, but I may have missed some exact phrasing):
- Settle disputes quickly.
- Care more than anyone else does.
- Give people more than they expect.
- Make sure you stand up for your own people.
- Share the glory.
- Remain calm in the eye of the storm.
- Emphasize one-on-one communication.
We would all do well to keep those in mind! - Mike Brown
Leaders need high-impact ways to develop employees that can provide input into strategic planning and then turn it into results. This Brainzooming mini-book, "Results - Creating Strategic Impact" unveils ten proven lessons leaders can use to boost collaboration, meaningful strategic conversations, and results.
- Learn smart ways to separate strategic opportunities from the daily noise of business
- Increase focus for your team with productive strategy questions everyone can use
- Actively engage stakeholders in strategy AND implementation success