Most clients we’re talking with are deep into launching new programs. Those are exciting times, but they can also be daunting. There’s a certain level of risk in launching new programs, especially if you don’t have a standard way of starting with the same questions and steps.
10 Project Planning Questions for Launching New Programs
When launching new programs, you have (in all likelihood) the best opportunity to push the boundaries of what’s been envisioned. Exploring the right project planning questions from the start allows you to see what flexibility exists to modify initial planning.
If you are on the hook for launching new programs this year, here are the types of project planning questions we recommend asking right now to make sure your implementation team starts down the best, most successful path.
- What is the business strategy behind launching this new program?
- Are certain reasons for launching this new program more important than others?
- How do the reasons for launching it translate to specific goals and objectives?
- Is everyone aware of this initiative that needs to know about it . . . for their support, for optimum coordination, and for successful transition ultimately into implementation?
- If everyone is not aware of the initiative, what other parties need to be involved?
- What opportunities exist to modify the initiative if it makes smart, strategic sense to do so?
- What factors are most important in leading to successful implementation?
- What should we be watching out for during implementation that will signal either positives or negatives for success?
- What implementation steps are set, and which are still open to change?
- How much leeway is built into the implementation schedule?
Across these ten project planning questions, you will create opportunities to modify goals, participation, tactics, and timing. These questions help you get off to a fast AND smart start that will pay dividends whenever you are launching initiatives.
Want More Help?
If you have questions about the best ways to broaden participation in the earliest stages, be sure to download our Results, mini-book. It’s full of ideas for successfully involving more employees to make a bigger impact! – Mike Brown
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the free Brainzooming blog email updates.
10 Lessons for Engaging Your Employees to Create Stronger Results
FREE Download: "Results!!! Creating Strategic Impact"
Senior executives are looking for employees who are strong collaborators and communicators while being creative and flexible. In short they need strategic thinkers who can develop strategy and turn it into results.
This new Brainzooming mini-book, "Results - Creating Strategic Impact" unveils ten proven lessons for senior executives to increase strategic collaboration, employee engagement, and grow revenues for their organizations.
Download this free, action-focused mini-book to:
- Learn smart ways to separate strategic opportunities from the daily noise of business
- Increase focus for your team with productive strategy questions everyone can use
- Actively engage more employees in strategy AND implementation success