In a week that's been about loss and remembrance, the line from the old song about "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone" comes to mind. The line seems generally true.
But you might be able to know a little more about what you got before it's gone if you:
- Spend time reflecting on what gives you joy & fulfillment in your life.
- Take a temporary break from the things in life you most enjoy.
- Look at old family pictures or videos and appreciate the people who were with you then who are still with you now.
- Spend time with people less fortunate than you are.
- Start a journal or a blog reflecting changes in your life.
- Realize that everything you have is a gift from God.
What else would help us know what we got before it's gone? – Mike Brown