Yes, blogging takes time, especially if you are publishing on a regular, frequent schedule. When other business and life pressures push for time, something has to give. One approach is to improve your social media productivity. Recently, I was trying to figure out ways to spend less time blogging to free up time for other work and creative activities.
Social Media Productivity - 19 Ideas for Spending Less Time Blogging
- Re-run previous posts with updates, new material, or even less detail
- Create compilation posts containing links to previous content you've created on a specific theme
- Feature more guest blog posts
- Spend less time editing blog posts
- Reduce the amount of time you invest to edit posts for SEO benefits
- Feature more cartoons or photo content with less writing
- Publish the blog less frequently
- Feature more video blog posts
- Incorporate content already created on other blogs
- Extend longer posts across multiple days
- Write shorter blog posts
- Hire someone to prepare and publish your blog posts
- Announce a blog vacation week
- Publish lists of tweets from an event
- Compile lists of links to other peoples' blog posts you enjoy and find beneficial
- Write more of the types of posts that are fastest for you to write
- Use content you create in other venues (blog comments, emails, responses to LinkedIn groups, etc.) as the basis for a blog post
- Set a timer and only write for a certain amount of time then stop
- Develop an informal team and have them write more blog posts
Some of these social media productivity ideas are new. Some of these ideas for spending less time on blogging have appeared in various forms before (see number 1 above). Recently, I’ve tried 2, 4, 9, 11, and 18, although 13 is really at the top of my list!
Are you spending less time blogging than in the past?
What do you do to enhance your social media productivity and find new ways for spending less time blogging . . . assuming you’re at least blogging already! - Mike Brown
"How strong is my organization's social media strategy?"
Is your social media implementation working as well as it can? In less than 60 minutes with the new FREE Brainzooming ebook "9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy," you'll have a precise answer to this question. Any executive can make a thorough yet rapid evaluation of nine different dimensions of their social media strategies with these nine diagnostics. Download Your Free Copy of "9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy."