Two celebrities have become well-known for being able to reinvent themselves when they hit a financial or creative dead end –Donald Trump and Madonna. You can go to school on their rebranding techniques and apply them in business when you have a brand that needs to be refreshed. Here are approaches they’ve used successfully that you can apply in the Change Your Character exercise.
- Host a TV show
- Fix your financial situation
- Put your name on something new
- Do a BIG deal
- Fire somebody
- Start a new TV season
- Pick a verbal fight with another celebrity to generate attention
- Change out the important people in your life
- Redevelop a prominent property
- Change your look
- Change your wardrobe
- Do something controversial
- Explore a new style of work / expression
- Create news through your unusual lifestyle
- Use multiple media to get your message across
- Write a book
- Incorporating new cultures or points of view
- Adopt a child
So try these approaches as you brainstorm how to get your brand back in the news and to the top of the charts in customers’ eyes.
The Brainzooming Group helps make smart organizations more successful by rapidly expanding their strategic options and creating innovative plans they can efficiently implement. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 816-509-5320 to learn how we can help you enhance your strategy and implementation efforts.