What to blog about and how to do it is a frequent search bringing people to the Brainzooming blog. This demand for ideas relative to blogging has prompted a considerable amount of blog-oriented content the past 18 months.
That much content on a particular topic always prompts requests for a post that pulls together and organizes the content in one place.
Since I'm conducting a blogging workshop on creating fantastic content for a business blog, we're meeting two needs in one in this post with a compilation of blogging content that also serves as a primer for participants in the content class.
There are nearly forty articles organized, but if you feel as if you're still struggling with how blogging can support your business strategy and where to get started, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (816-509-5320). We'll get your business-producing social media effort going in a smart, successful direction.
- Top 10 Reasons Your Organization Doesn’t Need a Blog . . . Today – It’s a trick headline. Your business does need a blog, starting now.
- “The 6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track” – Before starting your blog, download this free Brainzooming overview on how you should think about metrics and the impact a blog can have on your business.
- Blogging – 10 Permissions for Freelance and Small Business People - Trust us. If you’ve been hesitating on starting a blog for your small business for a bunch of lame reasons you’ve blown out of proportion, read this right now.
Developing Your Content Marketing and Brand Personality
- Creating Intriguing Social Media Content – 3 Fundamental Steps - It’s not hard to create compelling content.
- A Strategic Creative Brief – 4 Benefits for Your Communications Efforts – You’ll have a stronger more sustainable blog if you begin with a strong idea of where you’re headed and who you’re targeting with your blog.
- Outside-In Blogging Strategy – Creating Robust Social Media Topics – Look outside your organization for what to blog about and identifying regular content becomes much easier.
- Social Media Content Personality Audit – Is Your Brand Personality There? – Simply because you are blogging for business doesn’t mean your personality needn’t show through in your content. No personality translates to no reason for readers to seek out your content.
- Deciding Whether to Ditch Your Blogging Schedule – What Do You Want to Achieve? – How often you blog comes down to your business objectives, not whether you are inspired to write.
- Our Daily Blog Strategy – 5 Reasons The Brainzooming Blog Won’t Ditch It – Here’s why a high-frequency blog has made sense for us targeting a B2B market. And there are even more reasons since this post originally appeared.
- An Editorial Calendar: An Age-Old Collaborative Work - Creating an editorial calendar helps you stay better on track and publishing your blog regularly.
- Content Marketing – Space It Out Over Time – Manage your content, your time, and the expectations you place on your audience.
What to Blog About
- Social Media Content Ideation: Think – Know – Do – A tremendously efficient way to generate hundreds of content marketing ideas.
- What to Blog About? 187 Ideas and Topics for Blogs, All in One Place – Our biggest list of links to specific blog topic ideas for business-oriented blogging.
- What to Blog About – 10 Ideas for Blogging through the New Year – There are specific topics you can blog about near the end of year when many blogs halt content creation and take advantage of readers looking for end of year information.
- Social Networking, Personal Relationships & 7 Content Strategy Questions – For business owners considering social media, there can be concerns about how much they reveal about themselves. This post contains advice and help to work through those concerns.
Structuring Your Blog Posts
- In Praise of Short Blog Posts – Blog posts don’t have to be 1,500 words. Write shorter to save time and trouble – for you and your readers.
- List Posts – 2 Tips for Creating More Popular Blog Posts – List posts work, plain and simple. Some list posts are long; some list posts are short. This gives you a rationale for when you should use which.
Blogging for B2B and Larger Companies
- A Collaborative Business Blog: Handling Senior Management Concerns – When the idea of blogging has to be sold to others, you may have some challenges. Here are some ways to counter typical concerns.
- Blog Topic Ideas – Social Media Content Strategy for a Large B2B Company – While these content marketing ideas apply to any business, larger B2B companies have tremendous content creation opportunities, if they take advantage of them.
- Social Media Policy – Whats and Whens Behind Your Guidelines – Questions to help you think through issues to consider in customizing your social media policy.
- Social Media Mistakes You Shouldn’t Be Making in Business-to-Business - Based on real-life examples, these are easy to correct social media mistakes business-to-business companies may be making.
- Social Media Productivity – 13 Tips to Maximize Your Time – Make all your content work as hard for you as possible in multiple venues.
- 15 Ideas to Make Your DIY Social Media More Successful – If you have few people and a lot to do on social media, these ideas will help maximize your effort.
- 20 Strategies for Making Your Solo Social Media Effort More Successful – 20 more ideas to get the greatest impact from an efficient implementation.
- Search Engine Optimization Strategy – Getting Smart on the Essentials – An available resource to get started on understanding search engine optimization to improve your blog traffic.
Getting Your Blog Content Seen
- Social Media – 5 Tips to Sharing an Evergreen Blog Post – Once a blog post is written, take advantage of every opportunity to use the content repeatedly in appropriate situations.
- SEO and Keyword Research Tool Use – 3 Blog Traffic Growth Ideas - Tools to help you become a better search engine optimization writer while you write.
- Content Curation – 5 Strategies from Celebrity Entertainment News Shows – Look to cheesy entertainment news shows for ideas you can incorporate into your social media sharing strategy.
- What to Blog About and How – 25 Blogging Lessons from 5 Years and Social Media Content – Lessons in Creating Fantastic Content – Recaps of lessons learned from years of daily blogging.
- Blogging Success – 18 Blogging Ideas You Haven’t Read on Brainzooming – Ideas we haven’t pursued for the Brainzooming blog gleaned from a prominent blogger’s webinar on social media strategy.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – 9 Ways to Green Your Blog – 9 tips to get more mileage from your social media effort.
- What to Blog About – 3 Ways Blogging Generates More Blog Posts – Once you get started blogging, it gets easier . . . most of the time!
- Social Media Content – 7 Ways to Repurpose What You’ve Written – More ideas on using what you’ve created over and over and over again. Then repeating.
Getting Help for Your Social Media Effort
- 3 Must-Haves for Driving Social Media – Just being young and having a Facebook page doesn’t mean someone is adept at social media. Look for these three characteristics in your social media team.
- Need a “Repair Your Blog” Tip? – 9 Ideas from Restaurant Impossible – When your blog needs a fix, here are nine ideas to consider when putting together your repair plan.
Resuscitating a Near-Death Blog - Five steps to getting a floundering blogging effort back on its feet.
- Social Media Expertise – Why Wouldn’t You Demand It? - If someone is trying to sell you social media services, but they don’t seem to engage in social media for their own business, you need to ask some hard questions.
- Who Is Creating Social Media Content in Your Organization? – Depending on what you want from your content marketing, you may have to settle or enlist various people within your organization to participate.
Is your social media strategy missing the mark?
Is your social media implementation working as well as it can? In less than 60 minutes with the new FREE Brainzooming ebook “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy,” you’ll have a precise answer to this question. Any executive can make a thorough yet rapid evaluation of nine different dimensions of their social media strategies with these nine diagnostics. Download Your Free Copy of “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy.
If you’re struggling with determining ROI and evaluating its impacts, download “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track” today! This article provides a concise, strategic view of the numbers and stories that matter in shaping, implementing, and evaluating your strategy. You’ll learn lessons about when to address measurement strategy, identifying overlooked ROI opportunities, and creating a 6-metric dashboard. Download Your Free Copy of “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track!”