- Take time to perform long-term actions even when near-term pressures are very distracting.
- Don't overreact in the face of incomplete information. Ask questions & allow others the opportunity to answer.
- Ask questions of smart, well-informed people outside the mainstream. You'll learn a lot.
- Be willing to ask, "How could this be different?" particularly if you're a black & white type thinker.
- Work on developing more decisiveness, tenacity & patience. You need them even more these days.
Date published: 07/13/09