2. It's based on past experiences which could have nothing to do with today.
4. It provides an excuse to not try changing the status quo.
5. Nobody has to take personal responsibility for the inertia it creates.
6. It discourages creativity, intuition, and imagination.
7. It reinforces damaging stereotypes.
8. It carries disproportionately too much weight in shaping opinions.
9. It's best friends with the status quo.
10. It weakens a sense of longing for what could be.
11. It digs deep mental ruts.
12. It sanctions all types of laziness.
13. It breeds pride among those inclined to rest on their laurels.
14. It can hide its incorrectness behind misplaced reverence for tradition and past practices.
15. It protects the tenured from having to answer questions.
Work incredibly hard to challenge yourself and those around you to blow UP the conventional wisdom standing in the way of innovation and progress! - Mike Brown
The Brainzooming Group helps make smart organizations more successful by rapidly expanding their strategic options and creating innovative plans they can efficiently implement. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 816-509-5320 to learn how we can help you blow your industry's conventional wisdom right out of the water!