The second annual #BZBowl is a Twitter-based chat The Brainzooming Group is sponsoring Super Bowl Sunday, February 6, 2011, and you're invited to join us! Featuring cool marketers, branding experts, creative instigators, authors, and pop culture mavens (i.e., YOU and all the other Brainzooming blog readers) #BZBowl will be a running commentary on how brands are using what has become the biggest advertising and marketing event of the year.
Based on the strong response to last year’s #BZBowl, you can expect great branding insights, a little bit of snark, lively conversations, and no spammers (in contrast to other Super Bowl chats)!
Planned #BZBowl Activities
- A steady stream of tweets on Super Bowl XLV and the surrounding hoopla. We'll live stream the tweets here on the Brainzooming blog, plus you'll be able to track it on your favorite Twitter applications.
- A downloadable play along at-home game for tracking Super Bowl advertising clichés.
- Guest Brainzooming blog posts the week following the Super Bowl. They'll focus on lessons learned from Super Bowl advertising efforts and how they apply to organizations not advertising on the Super Bowl. Bloggers already committed for the recaps include: Nate Riggs, Alex Greenwood, Emma Alvarez Gibson, and Chris Reaburn.
- A review of all the Super Bowl advertising from Barrett Sydnor using a model from "Cracking the Ad Code," by Jacob Goldenberg, Amnon Levav, David Mazursky, and Sorin Solomon.
- A number of bloggers and tweeters will appear the Friday after the Super Bowl (February 11) on the "Smart Companies Radio" show hosted by Kelly Scanlon on Hot Talk KCTE 1510 AM in Kansas City, and streamed live on the web. The program will cover lessons growing businesses can take away from Super Bowl ads to incorporate into their own marketing efforts.
Here's How You Can Participate in #BZBowl
- Let us know if you'll be joining us by replying to @Brainzooming on Twitter with #BZBowl in your tweet. Be sure to share the link with others as well. In fact, you can copy and tweet this to do both:
I'll be tweeting on #SuperBowlAds w/ the #BZBowl sponsored by @Brainzooming. Join us Feb 6th! Info: http://bit.ly/hDNlBI
- Download the at-home Super Bowl advertising cliché game when it's released (watch the Brainzooming blog for details and the link).
- Tweet your thoughts on the Super Bowl advertising during the game, including #BZBowl as part of your tweets.
- Write a guest Brainzooming blog post before or after the game with your perspectives on the Super Bowl marketing juggernaut.
We're up for ideas, so let us know what you think, and please plan to join us, Sunday, February 6 for #BZBowl! – Mike Brown
For a creative boost, download the free Brainzooming ebook, “Taking the NO Out of InNOvation” to enhance your creative perspective! For an organizational boost, contact The Brainzooming Group to help your team be more successful by rapidly expanding strategic options and creating innovative plans to efficiently implement. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 816-509-5320 to learn how we can deliver these benefits for you.