Leave it to our friends over at Armada Corporate Intelligence for inspiring a new idea to close out the end of the year by enhancing your stronger creative thinking skills.
In their Wednesday "Inside the Executive Suite" edition, they recommended making a concerted effort during December to do something new each day as a way to boost readers' creative thinking skills.
The four suggestions they offered to identify ideas for new things to do included:
- Stop asking what, why, and how questions that block new ideas
- Put something uncomfortable for you to-do on your daily to-do list
- Let others make decisions for you that will lead to doing new things
- Review the Wall Street Journal or Fast Company and identify ideas your company has never pursued
What an intriguing idea to go out of your way to do new things all the time. For those with a preference for predictability and efficiency, it can be challenging and uncomfortable to do something new daily, even if it could be a way to enhance your creative thinking skills continually.
But maybe devoting one month to trying new things daily is a way to get more comfortable inviting more frequent creative changes into your life.
In fact, maybe this could turn into a movement where each December becomes DoNewCember complete with a Twitter hashtag, social sharing of new activities, and lots of hoopla.
Maybe launching DoNewCember as month-long movement could be my new activity for December 1st! – Mike Brown
Enjoy this article? Subscribe to the free Brainzooming blog email updates.
Download: FREE Innovation Strategic Thinking Fake Book
Are you making the best use of customer input and market insights to deliver innovation and growth? Creating successful, innovative new products and services has never been more dependent on tapping perspectives from outside your organization.
This new ebook features sixteen strategic thinking exercises to help you ideate, prioritize, and develop your best innovative growth ideas. Download this free, concise ebook to:
- Identify your organization’s innovation profile
- Learn and rapidly deploy effective strategic thinking exercises to spur innovation
- Incorporate crowd sourced perspectives into your innovation strategy in smart ways