One of my big projects for 2008 was working on a new creativity presentation. During that time, I asked many people how they define creativity. Here are ten of the interesting answers we’ve received.
How do you define creativity?
- A different way to a usual place or a usual way to a different place.
- Your subconscious leaking out.
- Creating a project, product, or piece that never before existed.
- Humanity at its best.
- Going beyond your expectations to make something that educates, inspires, and entertains.
- Actions to conceive beauty.
- Random associations grounded in strategy.
- An outward expression of the awesomeness within.
- Permission granted to take my brain off its leash.
- Mistakes worth keeping.
Reader Definitions of “Creativity”
- “Anything novel that is meaningful or useful.” – Macker
- “Bending and shaping the everyday and normal into an expression of genius.” – Jan Leslie
- “Going beyond your expectations to make something that educates, inspires and entertains." – Danny Alexander
Share your thoughts in the comments section on how you define creativity and add even more variety to the list!