We previously shared ice breaker questions created for various client events. Here is another installment.
22 Ice Breaker Questions on Disruptive Innovation and Uncertainty
We helped plan a full day event focused on disruptive innovation. That triggered creating an entirely new set of ice breaker questions linked to disruption or uncertainty in some way. And since disruptive innovation and uncertainty are hot topics for the Brainzooming crew currently, we wanted to share a subset of the questions for your use:
- How long did it take you to figure out what you wanted to do in your career?
- What daily task in your personal life would you want a robot to take over first?
- What daily task in your work life would you want a robot to take over first?
- What’s the most exciting thing in your view as you look ahead to all the technological changes promised for the years ahead?
- What’s the scariest thing in your view as you look ahead to all the technological changes promised for the years ahead?
- What do you think will be commonplace first – a car with NO ONE behind the wheel on the highway or no more cell phone calls where you must tell someone to repeat something because they dropped out?
- Which will disappear first – boring PowerPoint presentations or the K-Mart brand?
- Speaking of disruptive brands, what is your best Uber experience?
- Speaking of disruptive brands, what is your worst Uber experience?
- Does the prospect of getting food delivered within a few minutes by a total stranger make you forget all about personal privacy for your information?
- What disruptive brand do you use most often (or the one you use second most often if the most used one is kind of embarrassing)?
- What one prediction about the future are you confident will NEVER happen?
- If you could share one thing with your twenty-year old self to make things less unpredictable for you back then, what would it be?
- What unpredictable career twist led you to be here today?
- Is your career what you expected it to be when you were 25, and if “no,” how is it different?
- Do you get to spend more or less time thinking about the future of your business than you think you need to spend?
- What disruptive brand do you think will be the next one to completely implode and disappear without hardly a trace?
- What is one task in your life that you would NEVER trust a robot to do?
- What will be commonplace first – Amazon uses drones for delivery on a widespread basis or a private company puts a person on the Moon or Mars?
- What do you think is the bigger threat to humanity – a weird computer virus or an easily-spread human virus?
- What technology can you not live without that you didn’t have two years ago?
- Who is closer to being an all-knowing being: Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos?
The good news here is that looking back through the list, most of these ice breaker questions will work even IF your event isn't solely tied to disruptive innovation and uncertainty.
And that’s a certainty! – Mike Brown
What does your future strategy hold?
If you are trying to prepare your organization for an uncertain future, contact us. We can design in-person and online collaboration exercises to get as ready as possible for big changes in and around your organization! – Mike Brown
Things aren't getting calmer. Is your organization identifying relevant, flexible strategies for prolonged uncertainty and dynamic conditions? The free Brainzooming eBook Figuring Out Your Direction in Uncertain Times will guide you in examining your brand priorities, developing new insights, identifying strategic innovations, and expanding flexibility. We share multiple, actionable exercises to:
- Determine your organization's new important and narrow priorities
- Identify diverse stakeholders, experts, and collaborators to expand strategic thinking
- Anticipate critical issues and operate more flexibly
- Explore self-disrupt opportunities before external factors trigger massive change