Tonight is the much-anticipated third annual TEDxKC event at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City. This year's program is "If Only. Only If," and according to the event website, the evening's presentation will explore "how radical collaboration, transparency and an open-source mind-set are shaping our world."
Beyond the Nelson, the sold-out event is also sponsored by VML, Populous, Harvest Productions and KCPT.
And, if all goes according to plan, I will be live tweeting the event on the #TEDxKC hashtag on Twitter.
I received a last minute ticket to the second annual TEDxKC and was completely blown away by the lineup of speakers. The lineup for the 2011 TEDxKC event looks even more eclectic than in 2010, and when it comes to TEDx conferences, eclectic is what you hope for more than anything!
2011 TEDxKC - The Kansas City Presenters
- Barnaby Bright - (@BarnabyBright) - "The Longest Day Is the Shortest Night" - Brooklyn-based indie folk duo
- Jenn Lim - (@DHMovementCEO) - "Applied Happiness" - CEO and Chief Happiness Officer of Delivering Happiness
- Marcin Jakubowski - "Civilization Starter Kit" - A Ph.D. in fusion physics turned open-source ecologist
- Patrick Meier - (@PatrickMeier) - "Changing the World, One Map at a Time" - Director of Crisis Mapping at Ushahidi
- Quixotic Fusion - (@quixoticfusion) - "Act I: Stimulus; Act II: Aquarium and Act III: Transmission"
Participating in the 2011 TEDxKC Remotely
To participate from wherever you are, here are the tools:
Enjoy the live 2011 TEDxKC feeds, and look for updates here soon!